Hair is the crowning glory of an individual that projects his/her personality in a royal manner. Hair loss is one of the worst nightmares for both men and women, especially when it is premature leading to a lot of upheavals in that individual’s life and behavior. A whole lot of factors are responsible for hair loss including increasing atmospheric pollution, stress due to increased pace of modern life, improper food habits, hormonal imbalances, genetic factors, etc, all of which contribute to premature hair fall. The Loss of Hair eventually affects in all ways from personal to psychological and emotionally traumatizes the person and dents the confidence level.
Hair fall further limits the ability to interact with the people around and mingle freely with others thereby affecting badly the person’s normal way of living, career prospects and growth in the long run. The arrival of modern hair transplantation has changed all that.
One of the major techniques involved in Hair Transplant is FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), a hair restoration procedure wherein hair is transplanted exclusively in a natural grouping of 1-4 hairs. Also called as Follicular Isolation Technique (FIT), FUE’s main benefit is that patients will not have a linear scar on the back of their head.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is performed under local anesthesia with the assistance of special micro punches. The procedure involves the following processes:
- Donor region is clipped down to 1-2mm at the back and sides of the scalp facilitating with swiftness which follicular units to extract
- Hair roots (follicles) are extracted in a meticulous manner one by one from a strip of hair at the back of the scalp by a specialized punch, less than 1mm in diameter.
- Scalp area s then anesthetized so that less pain is felt.
- Each follicular unit is extracted from the donor region in stages assisted by a powerful microscope using a small punch and forceps
- Each follicular unit is trimmed under the microscope to ensure that the excess skin on the graft is not placed into the smallest incisions
- Holes created at the back of the scalp are left to heal
- After the required hair grafts are extracted, the patient will sit upright for implantation.
- Follicular units are then implanted into the balding areas, one at a time and allowed to settle until they are fully settled and begin to look natural
- On successful plantation of each graft, the patient is allowed to return home.
Those who benefit from FUE hair transplant
Patients who are experiencing the following conditions:
- Male Pattern Baldness
- Female Pattern Baldness
- Scars from Cosmetic Surgery
- Missing or Thinning Eyebrows
- Previous Hair Transplants
- High Hairlines
It is also ideal for
- People with moustache or eyebrow replacement
- Small sessions and for patients in early stages of hair loss
- Patients who wish to shave their heads
Indications for FUE hair loss surgery
FUE is indicated in the following situations:
- When even a very thin linear scar is unacceptable, that is, those who shave their head or wear their hair very short
- When enough grafts can be harvested to meet the patient’s needs.
- When patients have limited hair loss or who require small sessions like patients with androgenetic alopecia in a Norwood Class 3 pattern or those with small vertex balding areas
- When patients have limited cosmetic areas, such as widow’s peaks, eyebrows, eyelashes, mustaches
- When widened scars resulting from traditional strip excisions needs to be treated
- When patients are without adequate laxity for a strip excision
- When patients have problems of scarring from dermatologic conditions, trauma, or neurosurgical procedures
- When patients have heavily scarred donor areas making a linear incision problematic
- When patients tend to heal with wide or thickened linear scars
- When patients who are athletes and need to resume full activity soon after the procedure
- When patients have an inordinate fear of pain or scars
- When patient’s body or beard serves as a donor area.
Benefits of FUE hair implants
- Less invasive than strip surgery – with no visible scarring in the donor area
- Less noticeable scarring.
- No Linear Hair
- No Tightness in scalp area which otherwise can be extremely painful and uncomfortable.
- Reduced Healing time in the donor area
- Useful for those with a greater risk of donor scarring like Asians
- Ideal for repairing donor scars that cannot be excised
- Extends Donor Area’s dimensions (but not necessarily the total number of grafts)
- Facilitates harvest of finer hair from the neck’s nape to be used at the hairline or for eyebrows
- Makes it possible to harvest non-scalp hair like beard or body hair
- Most useful when a limited number of grafts are needed
Receding (mature) hairline treatments with FUE
Follicular Unit Extraction is particularly useful when performing corrective hair restoration, as it provides small units to cover linear scars or to treat thinning eyebrows and mustaches. Patients can return to normal, physical activities immediately following surgery, unlike with traditional FUE surgery.
- No limitations on strenuous exercise after the procedure
- Less post-op discomfort
Hair loss surgery procedure
Our Hair Clinic specializes in Hair Transplantation and is a pioneer in state of the art but “cheap hair loss treatment” that is conducted by highly qualified surgeons. At our Clinic, a single session called Mega session, is implemented wherein around 6000 follicles are transplanted in a methodical manner thus ensuring that you not only get a fresh crop of hair on your scalp but also younger by few decades. The transplanted hair is not only bald-resistant but also looks normal for cleansing and upkeeping. Approximately 98% of Follicular / Graft Units survive and grow. Hair follicles will start growing within a week and these are the hairs that had been growing prior to being relocated to the bald area. These old hair shafts will fall out and about 90 days later they will start to grow new hairs.
FUE Hair transplant is the best option for overcoming your hair loss and baldness problems and get your lost hair back. With the latest technology and most modern scientific methods, it has proved to be a resounding success and has enabled many a person to get back a neat shack of hair on their scalp. If you are one among them with an acute hair loss problem, then get in touch with our hair clinic for helping you stop the loss and helping you get back your treasured mane on your scalp.